Cisco Designed has confirmed it will be expanding its portfolio as part of a move to help industry work with the new normal.
It set out how it committed to supporting businesses in the following areas:
– Work from home: how to meet and collaborate with employees and customers securely
– Cybercrime protection: how to safeguard from identity theft, hackers and internet attacks
– Always-on business: how to provide easy installation and reliable IT services using cloud technology
– Workplace monitoring: how to enable safe social distancing and real time monitoring
– Future or new office: how to improve productivity and security at shared physical workspaces
On this, drone firm Matternet welcomed the announcement.
The company’s VP of engineering said: “As a drone delivery company, our mission is to make physical access to physical goods as seamless as the internet has made access to data.”
Adding: “With several stations and drones around the world, it is critical for all of them to be able to communicate reliably and securely. What we love about the Cisco Meraki solutions is the ease of deployment and seamlessly being able to secure our various IT stations. As a smaller company, Cisco Meraki allows us to have all of the greatness of enterprise level internet infrastructure with minimal IT staff and management.”