SkyGrid has launched a new application for drone operators and enterprises to automate every phase of flight in one unified solution.
Now available for free in the iPad App Store, SkyGrid Flight Control™ simplifies mission planning and execution, allowing drone operators to autonomously surveil a defined area and detect objects in real-time.
Powered by artificial intelligence (AI) computer vision, the solution enables more efficient search and rescue missions, disaster response, perimeter surveillance and site inspections.
Amir Husain, CEO and founder of SkyGrid, said: “Traditionally, drone operators have used several different tools to check airspace, get LAANC, plan and execute flights, and gather insights, but it’s a manual, cumbersome process.”
“Recognizing this challenge, SkyGrid has minimized the burden on drone operators by creating one solution that automates airspace, flights, and insights. As the only drone solution built on AI and blockchain technologies, we give operators and enterprises the assurances they need to execute safe, compliant missions.”
Powered by SkyGrid’s AerialOS, SkyGrid Flight Control enables drone operators to automate airspace authorization, mission planning, flight execution, and object detection in one end-to-end solution.
The following features and functionality are available for free within the iPad application:
• Airspace intelligence: Provides a map of airspace classes, boundaries, temporary flight restrictions, notices to airmen, and other advisories.
• Ground intelligence: Displays population density, obstacles, elevation, and more.
• Advanced weather data: Details hyper-local precipitation, wind speed and direction, temperature, cloud cover, and more.
• Real-time airspace authorization: Automates authorization to fly in U.S. controlled airspace under 400 feet through integration with the Federal Aviation Administration’s Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability (LAANC) 4.0.
• Automated mission planning: Automatically generates area exploration, waypoint, and multi-objective missions based on custom flight parameters, such as desired speed, altitude, and location.
• Autonomous flight execution: Autonomously launches the drone and performs the pre-defined flight plan.
• AI object recognition: Detects objects in real-time as a drone surveils the defined area with AI computer vision.